Check out my Google Docs formatted resume
Fiercely passionate about education!
Passionate advocate for greater equity in education and diversity. Organized and proactive collaborator who demonstrates a strong rapport with students, educators, and community members supporting young people. A mentor, advocate, and youth leader dedicated to enriching lives and communities by adapting to and supporting the goals, interests, and academic needs of students.
- Makerspace experience
- Youth leadership program management
- Curriculum & extracurricular programming
- Strong cultural competencies & advocate
- Compassionate mentor to diverse youth
- Academic advisory experience
- Educational Technology
- Diverse technical competencies; game development, digital design, web development; WordPress & Drupal
- Experienced public speaker & writer
- Research; quantitative & qualitative
- Emerging Leader Award (PDK International)
- Ignite Speaker (International Society for Technology in Education)
- Producer – Teen Strand (Virtual World’s Best Practice in Education Conference)
- Won consecutive graduate assistantships in research, teaching, and faculty development (Portland State University)
- Portland State University; School of Education; Curriculum & Instruction LGBTQ Task Force
- Ed.D, Curriculum & Instruction; Currently Enrolled
- Portland State University, Portland, OR
- Master of Arts, Teaching (MAT); Graduated June 2011
- Concordia University, Portland, OR
- BA, American Sign Language/English Interpreting; Graduated June 2003
- Western Oregon University, Monmouth, OR
Consultant & Youth Programs Facilitator 2003 – 2015
Speaker and facilitator in education and at youth organizations and events. Recent engagement topics include WordPress development for educators, gender diversity, managing malware for safe online interactions, and team building in addition to portfolio coaching. Major projects include:
- Teach the Books You Love; Hosting & user education 2013-Current (link)
- Virtual Reality Hack-A-Thon; Co-organizer 2015 (link)
- Elisabeth Morrow School; Makerspace consulting 08/2014
- International Society for Technology in Education; Google Apps Consulting 08/2012 – 02/2013
- Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education; Principal designer 2010 – 2012 (link)
- Rogue Community College; Social media workshop series and sign language courses 2010 – 2011
- South Middle School; Parent Teacher Student association presentation “Safely Social”. 2010
- Cave Junction High School; Sign Language Teacher (afterschool) 2006 – 2007
Elisabeth Morrow School; Instructor, Englewood, NJ 07/2014-08/2014
Summer technology teacher
Portland State University, Portland, OR
Taught and worked within the school of education. Wrote technology adoption literature review to guide a local foundation’s grant-making decisions, grant writing for research, qualitative and quantitative research, interviews, and survey analysis.
- Intern: Metropolitan Learning Lab – faculty development 9/2013 – 5/2014
- Instructor: Instruction & Technology CI 513 6/2013 – 5/ 2014
- Graduate Research Assistant: Research, technology, advising, writing 9/2012 – 5/2014
Colorado Community College Online; Instructor, Denver, CO 10/2011 – 4/2013
Taught Photoshop and Multi-Graphic Design courses using the Adobe suite of tools.
Portland Public Schools; Science Teacher, Portland, OR 6-8/2012
Taught for a summer with pregnant and parenting teens and at-risk youth through one of the DART residential programs.
Oregon Virtual Academy; Teacher, Portland, OR 8/2011 – 8/2012
Helped start the high school at this online K-12 school teaching freshman & sophomore courses as well as youth leaderships programs including assemblies, student paper, & face-to-face meetups. Coordinated on developing student newspaper using WordPress.
Freelance Sign Language Interpreter, Oregon 1/2008 – 1/2011
Western Oregon U., Southern Oregon U., Concordia U., & Rogue Community College. Oregon Shakespeare Festival.
Southern Oregon Education Service District; Interpreter, Oregon 3/2005 – 11/2009
- ASL/English interpreting in semi-urban and rural schools, early childhood to adult transitional contexts as well as a juvenile detention facility.
- College readiness advising
- Workshops for faculty and staff on behavior management and sign language
- Collaborated on a virtual interpreter training project
Ramapo for Children; Program Staff, New York, NY 06-08/2002, 06/2003 – 12/2004
- Experiential educator working with at-risk, diverse, student and adult populations.
- Led youth & leadership programs year-round
- Produced summer science program
- Supervised summer counselors
Available at request.